The Parklands of Floyds Fork – Overview
Commissioned by 21st Century Parks, The Parklands of Floyds Fork is intended to be a world-class public park system within the Louisville metropolitan area, following the route of Floyds Fork Creek with a linear reach of approximately 20 miles and encompassing approximately 4,000 acres.
Joseph & Joseph + Bravura is a member of the design team in association with the prime consultant, WRT Landscape Architects. Joseph & Joseph + Bravura’s role has been:
- Author of the Guiding Principles and contributor to thematic design guidelines.
- Consultant to 21st Century Parks for the development of the program and master plan.
- Consultant to 21st Century Parks for the development of place names.
- Design Team participant in the infrastructure plan, for roads, trails, utilities and permits.
- Responsible for the design of all features, including all bridges, buildings, interiors, plazas, retaining walls, fountains, furnishings, fencing, gates, and all signage.