Morris Pointe Development
The Morris Pointe Development is an adaptive reuse project in a 55,000 square foot 3 story building that has been a St Matthews landmark for decades. Originally built for the historic Bacons Department Store in 1953, it was later home to another Kentucky retail landmark, Burdorf’s Furniture and Flooring, until 2013. Joseph & Joseph Architects implemented the client’s vision to open the building up to the city through a contemporary architectural language designed to enliven all sides of the building as well as the city block itself. Restaurant and retail spaces activate the first floor, complemented by modern upper floor office spaces.The bold design, including balconies along Shelbyville Road, activates and enlivens the street scape, continuing the building’s role as a neighborhood hub for decades to come.